Global Navigation Satellite System
‣ Provides precise and repeatable GNSS RF signals that can be utilized for testing in a laboratory or field-type environment.
‣ Systems are capable of simulating either static or dynamic motion for terrestrial, aquatic, airborne and space-based vehicles.
‣ Signal types supported: GPS, BeiDou , GLONASS, SBAS
‣ Customizable solutions allow configurations of GNSS signals to meet your requirements.
Real World Simulation
The CAST comprehensive and intuitive graphical interface allows the selection of a wide variety of vehicle types and to simulate both static and dynamic motion profiles. Depending on simulation requirements, users can choose from airborne, terrestrial, aquatic (including the sea-state), or space-based orbital vehicles.
Trajectories can be defined by a scenario profile using our advanced graphical interface, or by vehicle type and constellation parameters, providing a Real-time 6-DOF trajectory via an external interface. The system can also generate a motion profile from previously recorded data collected from an external source.
Users can also specify and customize the Scenario Date and Time, Location, Almanac, Ephemeris, Atmospheric Delays, Multipath, Spoofing, RF Output Power Levels, Antenna Gain Pattern, Vehicle Silhouette, Data and Health flags, and other criteria.
CAST system’s performance evaluation module provides the ability to compare raw measurements and filtered data received from the GPS navigation system under test with user vehicle truth data. This provides post-test receiver analysis and truth report generation capabilities that can be archived for future reference.
Thanks to a modular design approach, CAST GNSS system configurations are flexible and can be customized to meet changing or expanding requirements. In most cases, our GNSS systems can support up to 8 additional elements of composite RF output per system. Each RF output “element” can be configured to provide a different vehicle type, trajectory or modified navigation signal. In addition, multiple CAST systems can be synchronized together to maximize robust and flexible simulation environments.
CAST Navigation’s GNSS simulation systems also feature the ability to add a variety of options, including additional Signal, Inertial, Terrain Obscuration and Signal Interference capabilities, to meet all types of challenging simulation requirements.
CAST GNSS Specifications
Output Signal Types
‣ GPS: L1, L2, L2C, L5, C/A-Code, P-Code, Y-Code, SAASM, M-Code AES,
‣ BeiDou: BDS-B1L, BDS-B1C
‣ GLONASS: L1, L2
‣ SBAS: WAAS, EGNOS, MSAS, GAGAN
‣ Velocity: > 60,000 m/s
‣ Acceleration: ± 150,000 m/s²
‣ Jerk: ± 150,000 m/s³
Signal Output Levels (Nominal)
‣ GPS: -160 dBW
‣ GLONASS: -161 dBW
‣ Beidou: -163 dBW
‣ SBAS: -160 Dbw
Signal Level Control
‣ Range: ± 30 dB
‣ Resolution: 0.1 dB
L1/L2 Differential Delay
‣ Range: ± 0.3 m
‣ Resolution: < 1 mm
‣ Pseudorange: 1 mm
‣ Pseudorange Rate: 1 mm/s
‣ Delta Pseudorange: 1 mm
‣ Interchannel Bias: < 1 mm
‣ Uncontrolled Bias: < 1 mm
‣ Bias Repeatability (initial): < 1 mm
‣ Bias Stability (operational): < 1 mm
‣ Spurious: < -45 dBc
‣ Harmonics: < -50 dBc
‣ Reference Oscillator: 10MHz OCXO
‣ Frequency Stability: 3×10⁻⁹ per day
‣ 6-DOF Real Time Interface
‣ Y-Code, SAASM, MNSA
‣ L2C, L5
‣ Remote Control DLL